1.26.2010

new semester


I have officially been to every class I am going to have this semester. And I cannot even wait to begin. Oh wait. I already have. I am currently reading two chapters from Bradford's History Of Plymouth Plantation for my American Literature class. And next I am going to be reading works by Anna Letitia Barbauld and Charlotte Smith for my British Literature class. I am so excited to start diving into reading. This is the exact reason I became an english major. To become well read and to spend my time doing something I thoroughly enjoy. I am also taking a Rediscovery of the Classical Period course which I'm going to love (right now we're mummifying a chicken. how amazing is that?) and then I have my Samford Core Curriculum class Biblical Perspectives, and I absolutely adore my professor. Come to think of it, I adore all my professors. My Brit Lit prof printed his syllabi on purple paper. Why? "Because purple is for royalty. And English majors are Royal" He is a precious elderly man who rambles on about nothing. I cannot wait for this semester to commence. I will literally almost always have my nose in a book.

1 comment: