7.26.2010

expose

i'm going through this phase where i am convinced i'm never getting married. i tell people that the reason is because you can achieve deep, meaningful relationships through community, and that i don't need some man to complete me. but the deep down, honest truth is that i'm scared. i am terrified that i will never find somebody to share my every thought with. that my thought processes are not like those of others. that they are so wildly out of the norm nobody will understand them. or that if they do, they won't want to hear them from me. and no matter how sad it is, i can't just accept that somebody will love me enough to get to my very core. so, future husband (whoever and wherever you may be), the wall around my innermost self is quite tall. however, it is also very fragile and quite easily dismantled with the right words and actions.

1 comment:

  1. "that my thought processes are not like those of others. that they are so wildly out of the norm "

    that is exactly why someday some lucky man is going to fall madly in love with you....i mean i fell madly in love with you for that except in the friend sense of the term...but fact: it will be the reason

    ReplyDelete