3.02.2011

comfort

i miss my dad. all the time. every day. and it still makes me cry thinking about the fact that i can't just write him a letter to say hey i love and miss you, or call him on the phone, or skype him, leave a funny video on his wall and laugh about it later. and it hurts so bad. i curl up in my bed and think about how much i miss him. but tonight i'm trying something new, rather than curling up in my desolation, i'm seeking comfort from the One whose care i'm in on earth, just as my sweet dad is in heaven.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit

Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

Lamentations 3:31-33
For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

No comments:

Post a Comment