9.08.2010

the single me


i've said this before, and i'm saying it now, and i will most likely say it again. i adore being a single lady. and the reason i advocate this so much is because i don't know myself well enough to devote my life to another person. and honestly i don't think very many people do at this point in their life. yes, they can love somebody. but devote the rest of their life to them? i'm hesitant to believe it. i have changed so much in the past year, not just because of extreme circumstances, but as an individual in and of myself. and i'm most likely going to continue with these major changes until i'm out of college. yes, you do change throughout the entire course of your life, but i know that at some point i'm going to have a much firmer grasp on who I am. and how am i supposed to know what kind guy i want to spend the rest of my life with if i don't know who i'm spending the rest of the rest of my life with on my own?

let's just face it. i'm an old maid in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment