2.09.2011

the crowd

i sat down at my computer, and opened up postsecret.com as i haven't done so yet for the week. i came across a postcard stating that they had finally deleted an individuals number. underneath that was what reminded me of what i had gotten on facebook to do. the post read:

"my secret is that i still send pictures of my good grades and photography to my dads cell phone. He diedOctober 23rd 2010."

my dad had a facebook, and one day i looked through our wall to wall till i found the video he had left on my page before we knew he was sick. it wasn't anything important, merely him saying he was proud of me and that he was excited for me to come home for the summer, and that he didn't appreciate the camera making him look more bald than he was, however he was counting on me to love him anyways. i watch that video so often just to hear his voice and see his face. and it hurts. but the beauty in that pain is that i did love him no matter how bald he got or how sick he was. and it's nice to know that there are other people doing the same thing. that there are people out there that aren't sure when the pain and depression are really ever going to end.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bekah, Briley's cousin lost her daddy last September, he died at 49 yrs old of a massive heart attack. Facebook has been a great venue for her for sharing her pain and joy --the pain of losing a daddy much too young but also the joy of remembering the precious times they had together.

    I love reading your blog. You are wise beyond your years!
    Take care,
    Tammy Cotton

    ReplyDelete