2.17.2011

tribute

I wasn't born and bred loving college football, but my family has always cheered for Auburn. When I was a sophomore in high school I went to my first Auburn game... and honestly didn't have that much fun. I didn't understand all the hype about it, but the hype was still there. I remember the sweltering heat, the fans all cheering the same things at the same time, the shakers all moving, and afterwards the rolling of Toomer's corner with an ice cold lemonade in hand. Fast forward four years, I make my way down to Auburn as a college student to experience a game. It was against West Virginia and it was pouring down rain, and that's when I knew that I was in love. I stood through rain delays outside along with the rest of the student section to support the team that I had finally grown to love. The next year, the 2010 season, was a great year for auburn and luckily I got to make it down for a few games. I cheered with all my heart and soul from wherever I was watching, sitting on pins and needles as I cheered on MY team. I cried with pride as auburn took the national championship, and now cried again as somebody took away one of the many great traditions of Auburn. They may be just trees to some, but to the Auburn family, they're the same trees that have been rolled for generations, connecting all of us together. And because of one bitter fan, that tradition is going to be stripped away from us. However, this wonderful family will rise above, plant new trees, and a new tradition. War Damn Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment