2.10.2010

outgo

the other night i was sitting on a bench overlooking the quad minding my own business when i heard something. it was singing, and it was opera, and it was beautiful. the way the buildings are set up make the acoustics in this particular area of the quad fantastic. this guy must not have seen me because he kept singing, and i watched as he crossed the quad. then he spotted me. and he stopped singing. all i wanted to do was shout to him that he had a beautiful voice, but i stopped myself. if i could change one thing about myself i would wish for the ability to hold conversations with strangers. instead i tense up and get awkward. why would i stop myself from telling this guy that he had a beautiful voice? it's a compliment. everybody likes to hear those. why didn't i just say it?

No comments:

Post a Comment