2.24.2010

sun will rise


I think I'm ready to go back to growing up, in the maturity sense of the world. I don't regret anything that has happened to me within the past year. I've thoroughly enjoyed every single "drunkcapade" as I've come to affectionately call them. I made some fantastic friends through these journeys. I'm so much more fun when I've had a few in me. However, I can learn how to be that without the help of alcohol. I'll miss falling asleep in the arms of a cute boy, kissing my nose and telling me he thinks I'm beautiful and worth so much more than what I believe. But how much more enjoyable will that be when it's the love of my life? I can't say I'm going to miss the marijuana. Ew. Those three experiences were some of the worst in my life. I also can't say that I'm making a promise here. I'm not going to sit here an guarantee that I'll attend parties within the next 10 months and not have a drink. Or that I won't go ahead and kiss a boy that I have no feelings for. Just that I'm not going to base my weekends around these activities anymore, because I don't want those things to define me, and I don't want to depend on them for a "good time". So. Here goes nothing. Hello again, world.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome... It is a privledge to call you a friend! Just thought I would let you know :)

    ReplyDelete