2.09.2010

the road to self discovery

I'm going through a phase of experimentation. And recently I have been trying to decide why that is. Could it be because I'm bitter about the poor health of my father? I went with that for a while, but I've always known that I'm really not bitter about it. It's life. It happens. There's nothing I can do to stop it. So I came to the conclusion that there has to be another reason why I'm doing this. It finally hit me around 3 o'clock this morning and I got up and wrote it on a sticky note so I would remember in the morning.
I want to know who I am before I die
People make life altering decisions based on a self that they have never truly gotten to know. And I think the thing that has made me realize this most is my fear of marrying the wrong person. Think about it. How am I supposed to know what man is most compatible with me if I don't even know myself? So that's what I'm doing. I'm on the road to self discovery. And I'm inviting you to join me.

"the world will carry on without you when you’re gone so you might as well love as much as you can, right now."
-I Wrote This For You

No comments:

Post a Comment